Chris Bumstead has not only won the last four consecutive Classic Physique titles, but he is also a social media star with a huge fan following.
He runs successful business ventures in clothing and supplements. He is the owner of brands like Cbumfitness, Raw Nutrition, and Bumenergy.
Chris Bumstead is also famously known as “CBUM.” Surprisingly, he is more famous by this nickname than by his actual name.
He is known to have the perfect classic physique, and most youngsters look up to him as their ideal. Just as much as his physique, a lot of young people are also attracted by his lifestyle, maturity, high work ethic, and consistency.
As he is like an ideal to many young people, they like to follow his workouts and his diet in the expectation of building a physique like him.
The sad part is that he’s genetically gifted and a professional bodybuilder, so it’ll be very hard to build a physique like him, But the good news is that by observing his workout routine, healthy diet, and guidance, you can achieve your best possible physique.
So, if you’re looking for Chrisi Bumstead’s workout routine and diet, then we’ve got you covered. This article will provide you with CBUM’s workout routine and his off-season diet.
Chris Bumstead Stats
- Full name: Christopher Adam Bumstead
- Age: 28 years
- Height: 6 feet 1 inch (185 cm)
- Weight: stage weight: 104 kg (229 lbs); off-season: 120 to 126kg (264 to 267 lbs).
- Date of birth: February 2, 1995
- Profession: Professional Bodybuilder, Fitness Influencer
Overview of CBUM Workout Routine
Chris follows two different training approaches for his body:
- Off-Season Period: During this phase, he focuses on muscle hypertrophy and progressive overload. He performs 3 to 4 sets of each exercise with a rep range of 12 to 8, aiming to increase muscle size and strength.
- Bodybuilding Competition Preparation Stage: Here, Chris increases workout intensity and targets muscle hypertrophy and endurance. He incorporates techniques like supersets, drop sets, and cardiovascular training to enhance muscle definition and achieve a lean, aesthetic physique for competitions.
Don't Miss: Ramon Dino Workout Routine and Diet
Chris Bumstead Workout Routine
Here is Chris Bumstead’s chest workout routine.
- Incline chest press: 4 sets of 12 to 8 reps
- Incline dumbbell press: 4 sets of 12 to 8 reps
- Close-grip dumbbell press: 3 sets of 12 to 10 reps
- Pec Deck Fly: 3 sets of 12 to 10 reps
- Flat chest press: 3 sets of 10 to 8 reps
Here is Chris Bumstead’s back workout routine.
- Wide grip lat pulldown: 4 sets of 12 to 8 reps
- Chest-supported dumbbell rows: 3 sets of 12 to 10 reps
- Seated row machine: 3 sets of 12 to 8 reps
- Close grip pulldown: 3 sets of 12 to 8 reps
- Cable pullover: 3 sets of 12 reps
Here is Chris Bumstead’s leg workout routine.
- Smith machine squats or hack squats: 4 sets of 10 to 8 reps
- Leg press or single-leg leg press: 4 sets of 12 to 10 reps
- Leg Extension: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Seated or standing calf raise: 3 sets of 12 reps
Here is Chris Bumstead’s shoulder workout routine.
- Shoulder press machine: 4 sets of 12 to 10 reps
- Smith machine shoulder press: 4 sets of 12 to 10 reps
- Lateral raises: 4 sets of 12 to 15 reps
- Front raises: 2 sets of 15 reps
- Rear delt fly: 3 sets of 12 reps
Here is Chris Bumstead’s arms workout routine.
- Rope tricep pushdown: 3 sets of 12 to 10 reps
- EZ barbell preacher curls: 3 sets of 12 to 10 reps
- Dumbbell skull crushers: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Incline dumbbell curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- V-bar curls: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Single arm ticep pushdown: 3 sets of 12 reps
Make sure to check out our dedicated CBUM chest, back, and leg workout guide, in which we have broken down his workouts and explained everything in detail. These Chris Bumstead workout guides are great if you’re looking to follow any of the workouts above.
Chris Bumstead Diet
During the off-season, Chris main goal is to keep his body healthy by providing good nutrition. In this period, Chris tries to gain as much muscle as he can by eating a calorie-surplus diet.
The CBUM diet is filled with quality macros and micronutrients; during his off-season, he consumes 3500 to 4000 calories a day to grow his body and keep it healthy.
Here is the ratio of macronutrients he maintains in his off-season diet:
Chris Bumstead’s off-season diet typically includes a significant amount of carbohydrates, around 40% of his total calorie intake. He includes both simple and complex carbohydrates into his diet, including foods like oats, rice, and potatoes.
Carbohydrates are an important energy source that fuels Chris’s intense and heavy workouts, allowing him to perform at his best during training sessions
The CBUM diet typically includes a high protein intake, often around 30% of total calories, which helps with muscle recovery and growth.
Chris includes protein-rich foods such as chicken, turkey, and beef into his diet, which are commonly recognized as excellent sources of protein.
Chris Bumstead’s diet includes a significant amount of fat; he gets about 30% of his calories from fat. By fat here, it means healthy fats.
Fats are also important for the off-season period of a bodybuilder, as they keep our bodies healthy and support testosterone. Healthy fats also maintain cholesterol levels.
Chris includes foods like peanut butter and meat as sources of healthy fats in his diet.
here is Chris Bumstead’s off-season Diet Plan
- Protein smoothie (whey protein, glutamine, banana, rasberries, blueberries, juices, fiber)
- Peanut Butter Toast’s
- Sweet potato
- Ground turkey
- Brown rice pasta
- Lean ground bison
- Lean ground bison
Frequently Asked Questions
How many days a week does Chris Bumstead workout?
Chris Bumstead follows a disciplined workout routine and typically engages in intense training sessions for five days each week.
Does Chris Bumstead use creatine?
Yes, Chris Bumstead includes creatine monohydrate supplementation into his regimen to enhance both his strength and muscle growth.
how many hours does chris bumstead workout?
Chris Bumstead dedicates approximately 1 to 2 hours each day to his workouts, including a combination of strength training and cardiovascular exercises.
Chris Bumstead’s four consecutive Classic Physique titles, as well as his enormous popularity as a social media star, have established his position as a fitness icon.
While replicating his genetically blessed and aesthetic physique may be impossible, individuals can draw inspiration from his workout routine and balanced nutrition.
Individuals can achieve tremendous success in their fitness journeys by embracing the principles of hard work, consistency, and a well-rounded approach to diet.
Chris Bumstead is a role model that inspires others to strive for their best physique and live a healthy lifestyle.